Saturday, February 20, 2010

Anatomy of an Affliction UI - Part I: The Lich King

The first in a series of posts about how I manage my UI. Affliction is not well served by the default UI. To master the spec, you need to be able to time dot reapplication with Drain Soul ticks, and Blizzard's basics aren't going to cut it.

As you can see from the picture below, I use quite a few mods. Configuring them all just right is a cumbersome process, and some of them can be just as finicky as their authors. So, I'll tackle them one or two at a time. For now, though, here's everything… or at least, everything that's visible.



The screenie was taken in Phase 1 of a Lich King attempt. I've got Arthas focused and targeted. Note that in the interests of saving your bandwidth, I've heavily compressed the image, so it looks pretty crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment